Friday, November 5, 2010

The Prologue

Seeing as though this is my first real blog, I am a bit at a loss here. In all honesty I can talk to myself constantly, but never seem to spit it all out here on the computer. So I'm not quite sure what an opening blog post is supposed to be about. Do I jump right in and share what I think? Or do I spend a little time telling you all useless facts about myself. Well, at the moment my mind runs dry with topics to discuss. (It is after all morning and my mind is a tad bit fuzzy) I guess it's option two then.
If you read the little "About me" section you may notice that my name is K... Well yeah I guess. But my name is so much more.. It's so exotic and full of mystery.. Ha no. It's Katelyn. KATE-lyn. Not the most difficult spelling, yet everyone seems to get it mistaken with the more intense spellings. Not everything has to be so complex people! Ha no I'm just messin' with ya.. but seriously.. spell it right. One thing I do like about my name is that is means "Pure." Yes, I take pride in that. I am pure right now and I will be everyday before I get married. Put it together with my middle name and it's like Pure Rose or Pure Flower.. I don't know.. I find it sorta pretty. Anyway there was your deep blog thought of the moment.
Now that we have dwelled a little deeper into my name, (Alright it's time to wake up now, the boring part is over) I suppose I could let you in on a few Katelynisms as I like to call them. Just a few bullet points on the things you absolutely must know about me.

  • I am a writer.
I guess this is the main reason why I made this blog in the first place. I have been writing pretty much all my life. Looking back I see all these little journals I made when I was a kid with stories about alligators, mermaids, and cats.. lots of cats. Then I find this old trophy I won back in the second grade that says 1st place in writing on it. Sweet. it's all gold with a little stand. I can even remember the story I wrote to go with it... It was about, dare I say it, Aliens. Yup. it was about five different aliens who were five different colors coming to earth. Honestly I don't know what was going through my mind at this point in life, but I learn not to question the thing that won me a trophy. But it's cool to look back and see how much this has stuck with me. I never noticed it before until recently. It was when I was fourteen (three years ago) When I began writing my first novel. I was so on fire to do this. It was a dream that I had at night and when I woke up I just knew it had to be a book. So I wrote it out for four months straight until finishing it. It was 220 pages, hand written. And after that I began writing more stories, more ideas flooded my mind! It was like, after writing that one book did a door open for me. So I went back to this first novel titled "The Point of Silence" and began to edit over it for the first time. I then was able to stretch it to 300 pages. But it wasn't enough. I now, currently, slave over this manuscript day and night to complete the finish project, which I hope will be well over 350 pages typed. It will be my first published book if I can get it done. So yes. This is who I want to be first and for most. A writer. An Author.

  • Second bullet point you should know is that I very much enjoy music.
The catch is.. I am musically challenged. Yes. It is true. I cannot play an instrument. I cannot dance. And I cannot sing. And you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that. Actually, it was just a month ago that I had a revelation.. My hands are far too small to play an instrument. The fact is, I have abnormally small hands. It's true. I am forever stuck on Medium mode on Rock Band because I can't reach the red button. I cannot hit an octave on the keyboard (I discovered this recently when I tried to learn to play). But alas.. One of the good things my hands are useful for is turning the volume up on my Ipod. This I am comfortable with. The fact of the matter is.. I LOVE to listen to it. I am always listening to it. Rarely is there not music playing in the background. I love to share new stuff with friends and find new bands to listen to. Thankfully I have awesome friends who share my taste in music almost exactly. I will most likely write a separate post about this, because if you know me, you know that I have strong opinions about the music I listen to. In fact, the other day I stumbled upon a depressing sight... My Ipod is almost FULL! This is one of the scariest things I can ever see. It means I may have to -gulp- delete stuff or buy a new one... The horror. But anyway, back to being challenged. Dancing wise.. I have no Rhythm.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, I've got as much rhythm as that chair." ~ Swampy from Phineas and Ferb


When I try to dance.. It's just sad. The only time I really do dance is in the kitchen when I'm doing dishes. That's when i put on the most obscure song and let loose per say. And singing wise... Yeah I'm sorta tone deaf and can't carry a note. Yeah i can make a growly sound and 'sing' in different voices, but hey when you can't hold a tune.. I don't classify that as singing.

  • Third bullet point is that I love cabbages.

There is a reason for this... However there isn't much to explain. Perhaps a different blog post will have to do later on. Just know that I love them.. not to eat... And that with great Honor come great Cabbages.


So yeah That's about I'm gonna let you in on right now. the rest is classified information that will probably not be shared for some time to come. The thing is now I feel weird having talked about myself for a while.. I am not vain I promise.. Well anyway, I hope you found that enlightening. And I think I'm going to end this now since my hands are almost numb from the wretched cold.

Farewell, TA TA, Love always,
K. Rose




3 comments:

  1. Great first post, Katelyn.

    Oh, and seriously? Still with the cabbages? :P

    I love your background, too, by the way. Looking forward to reading more. Add me on mine! http://trialpluserror.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yes. The cabbages are still very much apart of my life.

    ReplyDelete